Would you love to adopt a Golden? Or perhaps you would like to become a rescue hero by fostering one or more Goldens until they find their forever home. If you are sure that you can commit to giving a Golden the forever home it deserves, we would love to hear from you!
Please read the following BEFORE submitting your application:
Applicants must live with the EGRR territory.
- Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe counties
- Applicants outside of this area will ONLY be considered for senior and/or special needs dogs, bonded pairs, and various extraordinary circumstance.
The Next Steps:
- After receiving your application an EGRR Board Member will be in touch within 24-48 hours.
- If a Home Visit is scheduled, please plan on the following:
- A 45 minute – 1 hour interview (includes a brief tour of house and yard)
- All members of the household must be present
- A Meet ‘N Greet will follow the Home Visit. You, and those in your household, will have the opportunity to meet the dog(s) of interest.
- There is a $10 non-refundable adoption application fee payable through PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account in order to process a credit card via PayPal. **Please take note of your PayPal transaction confirmation number as you will be required to enter in the Adoption/Foster Application form below.
- Former EGRR adopters: If you are only updating information, the adoption application fee is waived. Please put FORMER ADOPTER in the space for the PayPal confirmation.
Note: We charge adoption fees to help pay the vet bills of the Goldens we rescue (and boarding for lack of foster homes!). These are as follows:
* > 4 mo — $500
* 4 mo – < 4 yrs — $400
* 4 yrs – < 8 yrs — $300
* 8 – < 10 — $200
* 10 + and Special Needs — donation requested
Turkey Dogs – $600